Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Part 2: OoOTie's Bow Tie Lover in the Flesh!

Part 2: OoOTie's Bow Tie Lover in the Flesh!



Do you try to tell a story with your collection? Do you use mood boards?

I actually use several mood boards throughout the week. I really like vibrant colors, and am inspired by a lot of pop art when designing. I look at the clothes as a blank canvas and the bow tie as a piece of wearable art.They're that finishing touch that helps complete a look.

Do you have a/any style icon/s?

I really look up to Tom Ford as a fashion icon. I'm really into statements and things that pop, and Tom Ford just exemplifies that. I also really like Scott Disick's style. If I could get that guy in one of my bow ties, I'd be happy.


Favorite
Knot Candy-OoOTie bow tie?

I really like the Cream with Orange and Red Striped Bow Tie. But I've been hearing that the Orange Plaid with Navy Blue Striped Bow Tie is really popular among OoOTie customers.

What do you think of women in bow ties? Should they wear them?

I am all a
bout women in bow ties! I actually have gotten several requests asking for a women's line, and am in the process of designing a separate line for women. It'll be bow ties, but more feminine.

What would you say to peo
ple on the fence about wearing bow ties?

Simply, bow ties aren't considered the norm, so don't wear them if you want to be seen as normal. But who wants to be normal? Who wants to live in normalcy? Bow ties are all about being different, and being proud of that fact.

What are your future goals with Knot Candy and/or in fashion?

Knot Candy will soon be coming out with a line of handkerchiefs, and as always, more sophisticated-looking bow ties.

Later on I definitely want to branch out from doing just bow ties and make a second additional menswear company. Actually Ralph Lauren started out by selling ties first and then moved onto other projects in fashion.


Is there anything else you'd like to add?

It's an honor
to have my first collaboration be with OoOTie. I will always remember OoOTie for being such wonderful collaborators!

Make sure to get your own Knot Candy-OoOTie bow tie spotlighted at OoOTie.com through the end of February. And do keep tabs on all of Knot Candy's and Carl Pierce's exciting fashion ventures at KnotCandy.com. He'll be sure to keep you looking sophisticated!


2 comments:

  1. I like the OoOtie Bowtie Lover in the Flesh stories. They are interesting and well written! Nice work - nice bowties too! I like reading this blog and tell my friends to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this blog story! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete