Sunday, January 23, 2011

Part 2: Bow Tie Lover in the Flesh!

Part 2: Bow Tie Lover in the Flesh!


Are bow ties more like the centerpiece to a look or are they more like the icing?

Right now, I think t
hey're the centerpiece but I want them to be more like the icing. I want them to be like cufflinks, they might not be the first thing you notice but they really help pull a look together.

Describe your style?

Vintage-inspir
ed, or my friends might say "newsie." It's dressed up without pretension. As I said, usually I wear a scally cap, bow tie, vest, plain collared shirt, and jeans. Sometimes I carry around some papers, what's the big deal?! If I'm going to some event I'll to wear a nice suit, but if I'm cruising around town I'm looking newsie- chic.



Why do you rock a bow tie?

Because they're awesome!




Do you have
a favorite bow tie wearer?

There are two gentlemen that come into Drink that always come in very well dressed and wear bow ties. But as for celebrity bow tie wearers, it's all about Huckleberry Hound, Magilla Gorilla, and a dozen other Hanna-Barbera characters. Also Fred Astaire, Bill Nye, Charlie Chaplin, Groucho Marx, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I'm not sure if I really want to be associated with him, but I need to throw out props to Pee- wee. He rocked it forever.


What would you say to people who were hesitant about wearing bow t
ies?

Shut up! If you don't want to wear a bow tie, then don't. Be boring. Bow ties are all about personality, not taking yourself too seriously, and showing you're a fun person to be around.

Is there any fashion era that you admire? Or does your wardrobe show any influence from any particular time period?

I really like classics.
There aren't a lot of patterns in my closet. I'm really all about simplicity. I like how men used to dress up in the '50s. I think the term dapper describes it all. I always want to look dapper.

OoOTie Picks: Favorite of all time was a black and white dalmatian-patterned custom made bow tie OoOTie made for my special bar competition in New Orleans. (P.S. DRINK WON!) I also really like The Black Tie with the paisley inlay. They used to have a silver one with a crosshatch gold and blue plaid that I also really liked. Currently I really love the Yellow and Blue, it's a textured look without being blaring. It's a really well made bow tie. Southern Inspiration is also a really fun looking bow tie. But overall they're all great for specific or multiple occasions!




****Remember:
Make sure to plan your next big night out at Drink! Have Ty
ler, the bow tie guy make you a really great cocktail! Be sure to say that OoOTie sent you;) CHEERS!!!!



****If you or one of your bow tie wearing friends are interested in being featured on OoOTie's blog please email us. We'd love to meet you!

Also, time is running out on these classic looking bow ties before OoOTie introduces their new line next week. Pick them up while they're still hot!


Enjoy your weekend!

Keep it dapper;)




1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is great. You really know how to make a bowtie interesting. I hope you have more interviews with interesting people like Spiffy. He is cool!

    ReplyDelete